Monday 24 January 2011

I Heart Music (News): R.I.P World Star Hip Hop?



Earlier today the famous video site World Star Hip Hop was shut down and apparently 50 Cents is to blame . Rumours suggest that the recent demise of the video site was a decision made by the Homeland Security due  to copy right infringement. However; 50 Cent has arrived at his own conclusion  and took to twitter to claim the following..


"I don’t know why people underestimate me. I just shut down WORLDSTAR for future advertising contact thisis50.com suckers lol. I put worldstar to bed, you don’t believe try me I will shut your sh*t down. Lol. I predict 2 more websites will shut down this week. Take a guess who they are. I’m sick of the hate I’m to strong.. Me and @FloydMayweather don’t thing worldstar was good representation of black people as a hole. We will present better. I want to thank howard gordon and the good folks over at homeland .hahaha suckers your move"


Although Fiddy's involvement in the whole process is yet to be confirmed, he may just be telling the truth as the rapper filed a lawsuit against WSHH back in 2009, accusing the site of using his image and content without permission.


Is it me or does the whole idea of a rapper having this much power leave a nasty taste in your mouth? *cue X-Files theme tune*


Source: Nicolebitchie.com


*Update*  The CEO of WSHH  who is named Q has since confirmed that the recent shut own of the site was none other than a technical hitch. Speaking  to the team over at New York's famous Hot 97.9 radio station, Q confirmed the following, 
"It’s a technical difficulty and has nothing to do with 50 or homeland security or hackers,” he continued. “We’re more or less having difficulties with the site itself as far as our server. We’re getting so much traffic we constantly have to upgrade. We were down in ‘07 because we got hacked. We got hacked last year and we’ve also had problems with our bandwidth before,” he concluded. "


I've checked the website myself and it is indeed, back to normal. So much for 50 Cent's so-called claim to fame!

No comments:

Post a Comment