Friday 29 October 2010

I Heart Music (News): J Cole Speaks On His Album And Wale Vs Kid kudi Dispute


Describing the current beef between Roc Nation affiliates, Wale and Kid Kudi as a "Let down", J Cole shared his view on the situation in an interview with DJ Funkmaster flex.

“From the outside looking it, I don’t know a lot about the situation, but it was a letdown,” Cole said. “You don’t wanna see that happen, especially with two artists who came up in the same era. But I think Wale handled it correctly, because everybody expected him to go crazy and black out with a Twitter rant.”

Briefly addressing the misconstrued beef between himself and rapper Jae Millz, Cole puts an end to the speculation that his so-called "diss" rap, during his previous radio visit to Funkmaster Flex, was directed towards Millz after the rapper made an unfavourable comment about who he thought should have made the cut for XXl Magazine's Freshmen 10' cover earlier this year.

In the interview J Cole also continues to keep his fans in suspense on his eagerly awaited debut album, stating "It could be in December; it could be in January I'm not sure."

In his own words, Cole admits "I don’t want to come out and do low numbers and just have my fans pleased. I want to reach the masses. That’s what we’re working on now.” I guess we'll have to sit and wait patiently.

Check out the interview in its entirety below.

No comments:

Post a Comment